Internships are designed for young women who would like to get work experience in the hospitality industry during their holidays. The program gives students a chance to learn basic skills and to obtain a certificate at the end of the internship. The duration of the internship is flexible and can be arranged by the applicant. It can last from one week to up to two months.
All applicants need to fill out an application form and have an interview either by phone or in person. Applicants indicate at this point the desired length of their program and their department preferences. Successful applicants will receive a confirmation by letter outlining their dates, department and other details. Once applicant has confirmed dates, an Internship Training Agreement is established and sign by both parties.
The basic guidelines of the program are:
- Girls 15 years and older can apply
- The program is live-in (exceptions may be made for locals doing weekend work)
- Internships are awarded by amount of hours worked, with a minimum 35 hours (or 1 week) and a maximum of 3 months.
- An Internship Training Agreement is established between the applicant and Yarraton outlining amount of hours worked per week, insurance policies, free time, room and board payment agreement and training matrix agreement prior to commencement. - Applicants do not pay for attending the program
- Complete room and board included as part of their Internship Training Agreement (towels, linen, all meals)
- Departments include: Food Operations, Cafeteria, Laundry Services and Room Services - A probation period will be established for longer duration Training Agreements.
- A certificate and work placement report will be awarded upon completion together with a signed training matrix.