All students living at Yarraton are expected to work approximately twelve hours per week in one of the departments (Hours of work are negotiable). This allows students to balance their work and student life.
Students receive training and supervision from experienced hospitality personnel in one of the four departments available. The department areas and basic competencies are listed below:
· Department Basic Competencies
· Kitchen Correct use of equipment
· Correct workflow sequence
· Bench work
· Cleaning and end of shift tasks
· Cafeteria Prepare all areas for the next dinning room activity or meal
· Refill all cafeteria supplies
· Follow scullery procedures for wash up and related needs
· Housekeeping Basic cleaning procedures for dusting, vacuuming and bathrooms.